SHS are delighted to announce the formation of our Multidisciplinary Team. This team is led by the clinical lead and is comprised of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Assistive Technology, Behaviour support therapy and Social Work with support from an Administrator.
The MDT’s role and function is to combine the expertise and skills of different clinical disciplines in the planning, organising, and co-ordinating of care to meet the ongoing needs of our clients now and into the future. The responsibilities and contributions of the MDT include:-
• To provide assessment, diagnosis and recommendations for interventions.
• To bring a greater focus and awareness to prevention and early intervention while planning for and responding to the changing needs of clients.
• To promote interventions which support the psychological well-being of clients, with a particular emphasis on health, skills development, community presence, and community participation.
• To provide and monitor individual supports to suit individual client needs.
• To promote a deeper understanding of the health, learning, and care needs of clients.
• To expand the knowledge and skills base of staff.
• To improve effective communication with clients and their families and provide them with accessible information.
• To improve the quality, integration, and consistency of services.
• To advise and secure necessary expert advice/services if required.
• To promote, facilitate and support inter-agency coordination and collaboration.
• To support the organisation with regulatory, policy, and change requirements.
The MDT have a referral system in place and are developing the process for case review for individual clients. The team will communicate future developments, on a regular basis, with our clients, staff and families.