Website Sunbeam House Services
We are currently recruiting for
Community Support Workers
Residential & Respite Services
Permanent Full & Part time options available
Arklow, Co Wicklow
We currently have an exciting opportunity for qualified Community Support Workers to join our services in a residential and respite setting in Arklow, Co. Wicklow. As CSW you will be part of a team creating and developing individualised supports to two fun energetic residents, the centre is also going through an exciting expansion to support clients with respite breaks, respite breaks are an essential part of overall support for clients and families alike, they provide opportunities for the clients to create new friendships and be supported in achieving their personal goals.
Applicants must have:
- QQI level 7 in Social Care or international equivalent (validated by QQI).
- One Year’s post qualification experience of working with adults with intellectual disability.
- Experience working with people with challenging behaviours and requiring consistency in approach.
- Experience working with people with Autistic Tendencies or needs
- A passion for promoting and empowering those you support.
- A team player willing to lone work as well as working as part of a team
- A knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Enthusiasm, energy, and creativity
- Hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive location vehicles.
- Can deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner.
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts over a seven-day work period.
- Understanding and experience of therapeutic interventions
- Ability to demonstrate Picture Exchange Communication.
- CPI experience
- Experience of creative problem-solving techniques
- Requires a high degree of understanding and commitment to the individual clients and to SHS.
- The prime consideration always must be the interests and well-being of the individuals availing of our service.
- Will be responsible for ensuring that our clients have high quality, safe, meaningful, and inclusive lives.
- Being motivated and creating meaningful activities and experiences is a key function of this role
- Support clients to develop and enjoy new social relationships
- Take a lead role in the co-ordination, development, and implementation of individual plans to meet the aspirations and goals
- Facilitate and implement a Person-Centred service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of the client
- They will be part of creating and developing an individualised service for two fun energetic male clients (residents)
- Providing services and supports to respite clients (up to 4 within the location)
- Working closely with the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) and be part of a team who create opportunities and experiences for the client.
- To promote and protect the rights of people in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for people to develop meaningful roles in their communities
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of clients in all areas of their lives including health and personal care
- To assist in the teaching of life skills in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid as per the HSE consolidated pay scales in line with required qualifications and relevant experience.
To Apply: E-mail your CV and cover letter referencing the job ref. number to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please check out our website https://sunbeam.ie/careers
Short listing of candidates will apply.
Sunbeam House Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.