Information about SHS
Brief history of the organisation
- 1977 – The establishment of an Industrial Training Centre at Sunbeam House, Vevay Road. Sunbeam House Services comes into existence.
- 1981 – A new training centre is opened by the President of Ireland, Dr. Patrick Hillery in the former men’s building.
- 1991 – Moved out of the Vevay House to a new building.
- 1996 – The buildings at Vevay Road are vacated and the new Sunbeam House Services Offices, Sheltered workshops and Training Centre, opened at Killarney Road b Mrs Mary Robinson, President of Ireland.
- 1997 – Celebration of the 21st Anniversary of the new Sunbeam House Services Publication of ‘Sunbeam House, Bray’ by Francis Loughrey.
- 2007 – Celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Sunbeam House Services.
- 2015 – Publication of “Equal Citizens, Sunbeam House, 1874-2014” by Gerard Fealy, Martin McNamara and Seamus Lucey.
Roles, Responsibilities and Functions
Sunbeam House Services is a company limited by guarantee (No. 76504) and registered as a charity (No. 20012328). The Board of Directors are responsible for the overall governance of the organisation. The Directors delegate certain powers to the Managing Director consistent with the day to day management of the organisation. The Managing Director delegates some responsibility to the Senior Management Team to ensure that services are managed efficiently and effectively within the organisation’s directorate structure. The Managing Director has overall authority and responsibility for the management of the organisation and implementation of the Strategic Plan.
Companies Registration Information
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Companies Registration Office website
- Charities Regulatory Authority website
- Register of Lobbying
- Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government
Register of Housing Bodies with Approved Status under Section 6 of the Housing Act 1992.
For current Sunbeam House Service’s Policies please see our Publications Page.
Pay and grading structure
All staff employed by Sunbeam House Services are paid on an agreed consolidated salary scale as set out by the HSE.
Service Level Agreements
Health Service Executive (HSE)
The HSE require by statute an agreement to manage the arrangement of services to be delivered on its behalf, health and personal social services. The Health Acts empower the HSE to enter into an arrangement with the Service Provider to provide health and personal social services. Sunbeam House Services has a service agreement with the local HSE. Click here to view Part 1 of the Service Level Agreement.
Customer Charter / Codes of Practice or Guidelines
Please see Code of Conduct Standards and Behaviour Policy, Complaints Policy, Human Rights Policy and RRC Structure, Service Level Provision Policy on our Publications Page.
Each healthcare professional operates under their respective professional codes of practice.