Freedom of Information & Data Protection
- The request must be in writing/email to the :
Sunbeam House Services,
- You must state that the request is being made under the Freedom of Information Act and what records you are seeking, supply as much detail as possible.
- You must state the manner in which access is sought, e.g. inspect the originals, obtain photocopies, hear/view audio-visual record, obtain a copy of a computer disk or other electronic device, etc.
- You must supply proof of identity in the case of personal information – acceptable forms of identity include:
o Certified copy of current valid signed Passport;
o Certified copy of full Republic of Ireland/Northern Ireland/UK driving licence or provisional licence;
o Certified copy of Garda Identification (ML10) form and photograph;
o Certified copy of National Identity Card - must show photograph;
You can ask for the following records:
- Any records relating to you personally, whenever they were created
- All other records created after a certain date - 21 October 1998 for the HSE and local authorities - 21 April 1998 for public bodies that were covered by the old FOI legislation - 21 April 2008 for public bodies that were not covered by the old FOI legislation - the date of the prescribing order (or a specified date) for prescribed bodies
A record can be a paper document or information held on computer. It includes, for example, printouts, maps, plans, microfilm, audio-visual material, disks and tapes.