Watch the 2 videos and try it for yourself!
Banana Bread Recipe
Mixer or hand mixer alternatively a bowl and wooden spoon
Standard loaf tin
140g softened butter
140g caster sugar
140g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
2 large eggs, beaten.
2 ripe bananas, mashed
50g icing sugar
Chopped walnuts / dried banana chips.
· Preheat the oven to 180C fan or gas mark 4
· Grease and line a loaf tin
· Cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy
· Slowly add the eggs to the bowl. Add a spoon of the flour if the mixture starts to separate.
· Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and the bananas.
· Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
· Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out on to a wire rack and leave until completely cool.
· Mix the icing sugar with 2-3tsp of water to make a runny icing.
· Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and add walnuts/banana chips.