Sunbeam House Services provides a range of supports to adults with intellectual disabilities.
We aim to empower people with the necessary skills to live full and satisfying lives as equal citizens of their local communities.
The ethos and philosophy of Sunbeam House Services is based on the following principles:
- The provision of service structures which are appropriate to the individual’s age and ability.
- The provision of the highest standards of professional care within the resources available to the service.
- The promotion of independence, self-respect and individuality of the person using the service.
- To support people as valued and active citizens in their local communities, through participation in opportunities and services for the benefit of the individual and the community.
- The provision of services to and for people based on Personal Outcomes principles of: Basic Assurances, Shared Values, Responsive Services and Community Life.
- The support of personal preferences of people and facilitation of their individual choices.
- The fostering of links with other organisations.
The service recognises that to be successful in its endeavours, all persons working within the service and associated with it must share these ideals and in the course of their everyday work make every attempt to achieve them.